15.4.14

MY PREGNANCY MUST HAVES - 1st & 2nd Trimester

My Pregnancy Must Haves



As I am just coming up to 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby (eek!) I thought I would share with you some of my pregnancy must have items which I have used and relied on so far!

I have to say that I really didn't enjoy the first trimester due to a constant feeling of nausea and a perpetual exhaustion BUT I am very  pleased to say that this passed at about week 14 and I am feeling much better now and am far more my usual self! If you are at the start of your pregnancy and feel terrible, fear not, it will pass!  I did for me, even though I thought it would NEVER end!

A few items have helped me along the way so far. Some of them were recommendations through blogs and other sources and a few I stumbled upon myself. 

1. Elemis Japanese Camellia Oil Body Oil 100ml around £30.00- I came across this oil when looking for a stretch mark oil or cream. I found a number of reviews for this oil online and it comes recommended by Victoria Beckham and Katie Piper - if its good enough for them, its good enough for me! Well, that's how (at £30 a bottle) I justify it anyway!

At 18 weeks I have no stretch marks yet but, to be honest, I'm not sure there would be stretch marks on my tummy at this stage anyway.  So, this is a wait and see product BUT it is lovely to apply (at least twice a day now I'm getting bigger!) is practically odourless (if your not one for smelly oils) and is easily absorbed so no hanging about waiting for it to dry.

The oil is described as a 'nourishing light oil, rich in plant collagen, keeps skin supple, helping to combat stretch marks and perfect for baby massage too'. If your in the market for an oil like this then give it a go!

Endorsement: The former Spice Girl revealed her liking for the Elemis Japanese Camelia Oil via her Twitter page

2. Emma Jane Sleep Bra £10 from ASOS- This sleep bra has been an absolute godsend! I won't go into details but this has really eased any pain experienced whilst trying to sleep.  It is really soft and stretchy yet supportive and I love it.  You could try a sports bra as its very similar but I like how easy it is to get on and off as its so stretchy and soft.

3. Bobble Water Filter Bottle £8.99 - I have never been a big drinker of water or anything for that matter, managing maybe a glass or so of water a day at most. However, since I have been pregnant I can't get enough of the stuff! I have a constant thirst and quite frankly, thank goodness! If I didn't have the constant thirst there is no way I would be able to drink the amount everyone says you should while pregnant.  I'm still probably not drinking enough but, for me, I'm doing ok.  This water bottle is really good fun.  It looks good and filters the water as you drink it.  The filter is replaceable and should be changed every 2 - 3 months.  Much cheaper than my recent Evian addiction!

4. Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne - £39.00-£78.00 - This perfume or 'Cologne' as its referred to is just lovely.  I'm craving everything fresh at the moment so splashing this on is lovely and feels like a real treat. The scent is incredibly fresh with, unsurprisingly, a gorgeous scent of blackberries.

5. The Blissful Baby Expert Book by Lisa Clegg £10.00 - Lisa Clegg is full time maternity nurse, author and blogger.  When I first found out I was pregnant I felt completely overwhelmed by the prospect of becoming a mum - I still am! Having had absolutely NO experience with babies before (I still haven't any!) I felt I needed somewhere to turn.  I bought this book after watching a  Hannah Maggs youtube video about her pregnancy must have items and I am so glad I did.  Lisa and her words of wisdom have helped calm me down and have helped to prepare me (will I ever be ready!?!) for the arrival of baby sprout. She speaks plain English in a non patronising way and being a complete novice, that's just what I need! I'm going to make Tom read it next! And then I will read it again, and again, and...

6. By Carla Raspberry Pregnancy Cushion and Wedge approx. £30.00 - This was another Hannah Maggs recommendation and its brilliant.  I use it for sleeping and  for sitting while reading a book surfing the web on the ipad or watching TV. It really helps me to sleep and has done so since about week 14 when the bump started stopping me sleeping on my tummy (huff).  You can cuddle up to it and put it under your tummy which is quite comfy.  I haven't used the wedge yet but apparently it's great for when the bump gets even bigger as you can wedge it underneath when lying on your side or it can be placed between your knees! Something to look forward too....

7. Pregnacare Original - Vitamin tablets the Midwife says you should take from the start.  Enough said.

8. ASOS Ridley Skinny Maternity Jeans in Indigo  £28.00 - I am a lover of the skinny jean and felt depressed and bereft at the prospect of having to pack my beloved Jack Wills Skinnies away at week 12.  That was, until I found these beauties.  One of my favourite bloggers, Rosie of  The Londoner , is a fan of the regular ASOS Ridley Skinny Jean so when I saw they did a maternity version I thought I would give them a whirl.  They are BRILLIANT and I LOVE them!  They are so comfortable, well made and soft and I hope they will see me through to the end and beyond.

9. NARS The Multiple in Orgasm £30.00 - This is something I owned pre pregnancy (only just) and I have been using it A LOT.  I am still waiting for my fabulous pregnancy 'glow' to arrive (!) so in the meantime I keep plastering this little beauty  on my cheek bones, eyelids and anywhere else I fancy it!  I have reviewed this before and you can read more here .

Well, for now that's it.  What products have helped you through your pregnancy so far?  Can you recommend something I haven't tried?

Tx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment