21.1.14

ART DECO INSPIRED WEDDING MENUS - DIY TUTORIAL

I thought I would share my DIY Art Deco inspired Wedding Menus with you as it seemed rude to keep them to myself!
 photo 692ae911-75a8-496a-8564-8f379b7031cb_zps8c123636.jpg

As you may have gathered from the post I recently did about The Andaman in Langkawi, we got married in December last year (only about 6 weeks ago!).  The general look I was hoping to achieve for the wedding was an old Hollywood Glamour/Gatsby/Art Deco type of vibe and I think that I managed to (sort of) achieve that in my own way!

I decided at the last minute that I wanted some menus for the table (we opted for one long table to sit 50) as I felt it would be nice to have them on the table to introduce my colour theme of midnight blue and gold to the table as, the way things stood, it was looking a bit ivory, ivory and a bit more ivory! Basically, it was looking a bit bland!

Because I had previously decided that menus weren't strictly necessary I was determined not to spend any money on them so I set to work surfing the web for some DIY Wedding Menus. During my search I came across Wedding Chicks which is a brilliant website at www.weddingchicks.com. They have a whole host of DIY wedding ideas and free printables along with articles about real weddings and photos which are great for giving you inspiration for your big day.

I chose to use the Chevron Stripe Free Printable Wedding Invitation Suite as it had a menu template which I thought I could adapt to fit in with my theme.

Follow the instructions on the screen and select your colour choices and wording. I chose Vibrant Yellow and Blue Jean for the Chevron colours and a dark grey for the lettering. 

 photo 24fc4d46-f01d-4278-8d1f-3a32b9b21f52_zps2fcb26ab.jpg


Once I was happy with them on the screen and had completed the parts specifying the courses to be served I printed them on ivory card.

To jazz them up a bit and to bring the yellow in line with the 'gold' theme, I used Modge Podge glue and a paint brush to paint thickly but accurately-ish (try not to wobble) over the yellow chevrons.  I then sprinkled over the glue with loads of gold glitter and then left them to dry for an hour or so before shaking the excess off.

 photo 37d3b340-b9f3-493a-9185-c7159caec73f_zpsa8a17ee7.jpg

And ta-da! Your free DIY Wedding Menus are complete and (almost) completely free!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment